- Refactored to use the BuddyPress 1.5′s new
BP_Componentclass, making it dead-simple to register globals, create navigation items, and hook into the BP load order
- File structure reorganized to better reflect BP 1.5′s organization, and to provide more fine-grained access to functions
- Data storage class totally refactored, to use custom post types and WP_Query, instead of custom database tables.
- Added a small guide for creating a top-level component directory (a “root component”), which was missing in earlier versions
- Tons of documentation added and revised
It’s important to know that any plugin built from version 1.6 of the Skeleton Component will be incompatible with BuddyPress versions prior to 1.5. It’s recommended by Boone that you first create the plugin for BuddyPress 1.5 and build in backwards compatibility as an after thought.